Prep and cook time: 25 min. Servings: 2 (3 oz. trout and 2 T. salsa per person)
- 7-oz. whole dressed rainbow trout (or 6-oz. boneless skin-on fillets)
- ¼ c. dill sprigs
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings
- ¼ c. corn kernels, thawed
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- Prepare your grill. Pat the trout dry with paper towels and insert the dill, pepper and salt into the cavity. Tie a few pieces of kitchen twine around the fish. Spray the fish liberally with cooking spray.
- Place the fish directly over the hot side of the grill. Let cook until you can see grill marks. Flip the fish over to the cooler side and grill until cooked through, about 10–12 min. If you’re grilling fillets, grill them skin-side down. After 4 min. on the hot side of the grill, move the fish over to the cooler side and cook for another 4 min.
- While the fish is cooking, make the onion-corn relish. Mix the onion, corn, vinegar, salt and sugar together in a small bowl.
- When cooked, cut the fish into two serving pieces, discard the dill sprigs (if you wish) and top with the relish.
Per serving: 179 calories (56 from fat), 7 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 20 g protein.
Exchanges: ½ vegetable, 3 protein, 1½ fat.
For simplicity’s sake, count
other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!