Prep time: 30 min. - Servings: 15 - Serving Size: 1 Cashew Coconut Bite
- ½ c. salted cashews
- 10 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- ½ c. sweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- 1½ T. coconut oil, divided
- 1 T. water
- Heat skillet over low-medium heat. Add cashews and toast until brown, about 5 min., stirring or shaking pan constantly.
- In a food processor, pulse toasted cashews 5-10 times or until very finely chopped. Add dates, ¼ c. shredded coconut, 1 T. coconut oil and water. Process for 30-60 sec., or until mixture forms and no large chunks of cashews or dates remain. Add additional ½ T. of coconut oil (if needed) to maintain moist texture.
- Place remaining ¼ c. shredded coconut in a shallow bowl. Using your hands, roll cashew mixture into 15 individual balls. Roll each ball in remaining shredded coconut and place in mini cupcake paper.
- Refrigerate at least 15 min. before serving.
Per serving: 100 calories (65 from fat), 5 g total fat (2½ g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 1 g protein.
Exchanges: ½ starch, 1 fat.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!