Prep time: 30 min. - Servings: 15 - Serving Size: 1 Cashew Coconut Bite
- ½ c. salted cashews
- 10 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- ½ c. sweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- 1½ T. coconut oil, divided
- 1 T. water
- Heat skillet over low-medium heat. Add cashews and toast until brown, about 5 min., stirring or shaking pan constantly.
- In a food processor, pulse toasted cashews 5-10 times or until very finely chopped. Add dates, ¼ c. shredded coconut, 1 T. coconut oil and water. Process for 30-60 sec., or until mixture forms and no large chunks of cashews or dates remain. Add additional ½ T. of coconut oil (if needed) to maintain moist texture.
- Place remaining ¼ c. shredded coconut in a shallow bowl. Using your hands, roll cashew mixture into 15 individual balls. Roll each ball in remaining shredded coconut and place in mini cupcake paper.
- Refrigerate at least 15 min. before serving.
Per serving: 100 calories (65 from fat), 5 g total fat (2½ g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 1 g protein.
Exchanges: ½ starch, 1 fat.