Prep time: 10 min. Bake time: 25 min. Servings: 2
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz. leftover turkey breast, cut into medium slices
- ½ c. leftover roasted Brussels sprouts
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
- 1 T. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and potatoes, tossing the potatoes in oil to coat and sprinkling with salt and pepper. Place a lid on the pan and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until almost fork-tender, stirring as necessary to cook evenly.
- Keep the potatoes in the pan but reduce to medium-low heat and add in the sliced onion. Allow to continue cooking for 5-10 minutes or until the onions start to caramelize. Cook the onions low and slow so they caramelize but don’t burn, tossing as needed.
- Add in the roasted Brussels sprouts and turkey breast, toss, and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper additionally as desired.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and keep warm. Turn the heat back to medium and add more oil, if needed. Crack in the eggs and cook them until the whites are solid. (If you don’t like fried eggs, feel free to make them your favorite way instead!)
- Divide the vegetables across two plates and top each with an egg. Add more salt and pepper as needed, or even a few dashes of hot sauce.
Per serving: 224 calories (140 from fat), 16 g total fat (3.5 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 27 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 protein, 3 fat.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.