Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 20-25 min. Servings: 6 topped Triscuits® Original crackers*
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into ¼-inch rounds.
- Lightly mist baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place rounds on sheet and lightly spray tops before sprinkling dry spices on them.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip rounds and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place on cracker. (*Triscuits® Original or Hint of Salt are frequently mentioned in dietitian reviews of best cracker choices. Almond Nut Thins® and Crunchmaster® Multi-Grain Sea Salt are gluten-free alternatives.)
- Top with feta crumbles, if desired.
Per serving: (6 crackers topped with sweet potato and feta): 151 calories, 41 calories from fat, 4.5 g fat, <1 g saturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, ½ veg, 1 fat.
VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) recipes are prepared without any meat, poultry or seafood. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items. TOPS vegetarian recipes may contain animal products, including foods with animal fats, milk or eggs.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
The appearance of any trade name in this material is not an endorsement or recommendation of that product.
For more appetizer ideas, check out other tasty recipes here.