Prep and cook time: 35-40 min. Servings: 1
- 1 c. acorn squash, baked
- 1 1.5 oz. “sausage” patty, soy-based, crumbled
- ⅓ c. brown rice
- ½ c. cooked cauliflower “rice”
- 1 t. olive oil
- chopped parsley
- 1 small apple
- 1 c. mixed salad greens
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Carefully cut the acorn squash in half, scrape out the seeds, drizzle with ½ teaspoon of olive oil (setting aside remaining teaspoon) and place cut-side of squash down on a baking dish or pan. Bake until tender (about 25-30 min).
- While squash is baking, heat a pan on the stove and add remaining olive oil. Cook cauliflower “rice” with “sausage” patty crumbles until tender. Cook brown rice separately according to package directions.
- Fill squash half with cauliflower, “sausage” crumbles and brown rice. Top with parsley.
- Serve with a side of salad greens squeezed with lemon juice and apple slices. Top with almonds.
Per serving: 446 calories (112 from fat), 12.7 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 76.4 g carbohydrates, 19.6 g fiber, 19 g sugar, 18 g protein
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 protein, 1 fruit, 3 fat
VEGAN recipes are prepared without any animal products including fats, milk or eggs. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items in any form.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!