Prep and cook time: 5 min. Freeze time: 8 hr. Servings: 8 (1 pop per person)
- 8 vanilla wafer cookies
- 8 large strawberries, hulled
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 T. water
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package fat-free cheesecake-flavored instant pudding
- 2 c. fat-free milk
- Place cookies in plastic bag. Add another plastic bag for a layer of protection. Crush cookies until fine crumbs result.
- In blender or food processor, combine strawberries, sugar and water. Blend on high setting until smooth.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Beat with whisk until thick, about 2 min. Let sit.
- Remove 1 c. of pudding mix and add crushed cookies. Mix, then add to bottom of each pop mold, up to one-third full.
- Add strawberry mixture for next layer of the pop. Add remainder of the pudding to top off each pop.
- Place sticks into molds and freeze overnight. Run molds under hot water if difficult to remove pops.
Per serving: 68 calories (7 from fat), 1 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 2 g protein
Exchanges: 1 starch, ½ other carbs
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.