Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 5 min. Servings: 1 (12 oz. per person)
- 1 tea bag regular or decaf spiced chai
- ½ c. plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T. pumpkin puree
- ½ T. honey
- ¼ t. vanilla extract
- ⅛ t. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ t. ground ginger
- ⅛ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. cornstarch
- 2 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring ½ c. water to a gentle
boil. Add tea bag and let steep for 5 min. Remove tea
bag and squeeze tea into water. Discard tea bag.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond milk, pumpkin,
honey, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add to
tea water and mix.
- Add cornstarch to tea and whisk vigorously until
mixed and creamy.
- Pour into a cup, add cinnamon sticks for garnish
and serve while still hot.
Per serving: 74 calories (9 from fat), 1 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 1 g protein.
Exchanges: ½ milk, 1 other carbs, 1 free
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
VEGAN recipes are prepared without any animal products including fats, milk or eggs. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items in any form.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
By Dena McDowell, MS, RD