Prep time: 5 min. Total time: 30 min. Servings: 8 (16 oz.)
- 6 black tea bags
- 6 herbal peach tea bags
- ¾ c. honey
- ¼ c. fresh mint leaves or lemon slices (optional)
- Boil 8 cups of water in a saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Put the tea bags in the water, then cover the pot.
- Steep the tea for at least 8 to 10 minutes (before removing and throwing away the bags).
- Add the honey to the tea. Stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher (or eventually into two large jars).
- Add 6 to 8 more cups of water to the tea base until the desired quantity is reached.
- Refrigerate until cold, or even overnight. Tea can also be enjoyed right away over ice.
- Optional final step: Top off with a mint sprig or a slice of lemon for the “full Southern effect”!
Per serving: 70 calories (0 from fat), 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 18 g sugar, 0 g protein. Exchange: 1 Other.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.
LOW-SODIUM recipes have 140 mg or fewer of sodium.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.