Prep time: 20 min. Servings: 12 (2½ T. dip with 2 celery sticks and 2 jicama wedges per person)
- 1 14-oz. can reduced-sodium black beans,
drained and rinsed
- 1 c. fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ t. ground cumin
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 med. avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 c. peas, thawed if frozen
- juice of ½ med. lime
- 1 c. tomato, chopped
- ½ c. fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 c. scallion, chopped
- 1⁄3 c. cilantro, chopped
- 24 celery sticks
- 24 thin jicama wedges
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the beans well. Spread evenly into the bottom of your
- In a small bowl, stir the yogurt together with cumin and salt. Spread evenly over the beans.
- Use the same bowl to make your guacamole. Mash the avocado together with the peas until a chunky puree forms. Stir in the lime juice and spread carefully over the yogurt layer
- Top the guacamole layer with layers of chopped tomato, cheese, scallion and cilantro.
- Serve dip with celery sticks and jicama wedges.
Per serving: 90 calories (15 from fat), 2 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium,
12 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Exchanges: ½ starch, ½ vegetable, 1 protein, ½ fat.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread, stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) recipes are prepared without any meat, poultry or seafood. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items. TOPS vegetarian recipes may contain animal products, including foods with animal fats, milk or eggs.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!