Prep and cook time: 5 min. Servings: 1
- 1 c. salad greens
- 1 c. mixed vegetables, raw (no corn or peas)
- 2 oz. salmon (packed in water)
- ⅔ c. couscous, cooked
- wedges from 1 medium orange
- 2 T. salad dressing, regular
- Make sure you have all of your prepped ingredients on hand, including the cooked couscous. Meal prepping in advance helps save cooking time during the week!
- Mix the salad greens and vegetables together in a bowl and top with couscous. Drain any extra water from salmon in a pouch (or can) and add to salad with a fork. Add orange wedges. If packing this salad for lunch, keep the salmon and dressing separate from the vegetables, couscous and oranges until it’s time to eat!
Per serving: 520 calories (180 from fat), 21 g total fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 22 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 protein, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 fat.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.