Prep and bake time: 15 min.; 1 hr. to chill, 1 hr. Servings: 12 (¾ c. or one-twelfth of the recipe per person)
- 5 large eggs
- 1(15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1½ c. half-and-half
- 1½ c. low-fat milk
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. ground ginger
- 2 t. vanilla
- 8 c. white bread, cut into ½-in. pieces
- Combine and mix all ingredients except the bread in a large bowl.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 in. baking pan with cooking spray. Add the bread, and then pour the pumpkin mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take baking dish out of the refrigerator, and gently stir and press the bread to absorb any of the extra mixture.
- Bake for 1 hr. Serve warm, but not hot.
Per serving: 212 calories (57 from fat), 6 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 7 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, 1 fat, 1 other carbs
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.