Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 5 min. Servings: 1 (1 taco plate)
Green Sauce ingredients
- 1 T. reduced-fat mayo
- ¼ t. honey
- 2 T. avocado
- Sprinkle of cilantro, finely-chopped*
- Squeeze of lime juice*
Taco Plate ingredients
- 6 med. precooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (41/50 count per pound)**
- ½ t. olive oil
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 c. green cabbage, raw and chopped
- ¼ c. small pineapple pieces, fresh
- ¼ c. chopped radish, raw
- In a bowl, whisk the mayo, honey, avocado, cilantro and lime juice together with a fork to create the green sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add shrimp and cook for about four to five minutes.
- Mix cabbage in with green sauce, and then top with cooked shrimp, pineapple and chopped radish.
Nutrition Information (per taco plate)
Per serving: 236 calories (179 from fat), 15 g total fat (4 g saturated fat),
59 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar,
13 g protein.
Exchanges: 2½ fat, 3 free, 2 protein, 1 vegetable, ½ fruit.
* To stay on track, limit yourself to three free exchanges per day. Free exchanges listed with a * can be enjoyed over and above that limit.
** Can’t have shellfish? No problem! You can exchange the shrimp for 2 oz. of either cooked chicken or pork.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!