Prep time: 1 hr. 15 min.; 2 hr. to chill. Servings: 12 (one 2 x 2 in. bar)
- 1 c. + 2 T. all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. butter
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ t. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 1⁄8 c. powdered sugar for decoration, optional*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1 c. flour and ¼ c. powdered sugar. Melt butter and pour into flour and sugar mixture. Stir until combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish. Pour flour mix into pan. Using a spoon, flatten mix into pan. Bake for 20 min. until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- Combine sugar, 2 T. flour and the baking powder in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, lemon juice and zest. Slowly add lemon mixture to sugar mixture. Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour lemon mix over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 min. Chill in refrigerator, and then cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar, if using, before serving.
Per serving: 135 calories (42 from fat), 5 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1 other carbs.
*Optional powdered sugar is not included in the nutritional analysis.
VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) recipes are prepared without any meat, poultry or seafood. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items. TOPS vegetarian recipes may contain animal products, including foods with animal fats, milk or eggs.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!