Prep time: 30 min. Servings: 6 (4 cucumber cups)
- 2 English (seedless) cucumbers, approx. 12 in. each
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) packaged surimi
- ½ c. celery, chopped
- ¼ c. + 2 T. green onions, chopped
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. black pepper
- ½ c. canola oil mayonnaise
- Chop off the ends of each cucumber and discard. Cut each cucumber into 12 equal-sized rounds (approx. 1-in. slices). Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of
the cucumber slices, leaving enough cucumber on the bottom for the base of the cucumber cup.
- In a food processor, combine surimi, celery, ¼ c. green onions, garlic powder, black pepper and mayonnaise. Pulse 10-15 times or until combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop seafood salad into cucumber cups. Garnish with remaining 2 T. of green onion.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per serving: 105 calories (55 from fat), 6 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 5 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 protein, 1 fat.