Prep time: 30 min. Servings: 6 (4 cucumber cups)
- 2 English (seedless) cucumbers, approx. 12 in. each
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) packaged surimi
- ½ c. celery, chopped
- ¼ c. + 2 T. green onions, chopped
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. black pepper
- ½ c. canola oil mayonnaise
- Chop off the ends of each cucumber and discard. Cut each cucumber into 12 equal-sized rounds (approx. 1-in. slices). Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of
the cucumber slices, leaving enough cucumber on the bottom for the base of the cucumber cup.
- In a food processor, combine surimi, celery, ¼ c. green onions, garlic powder, black pepper and mayonnaise. Pulse 10-15 times or until combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop seafood salad into cucumber cups. Garnish with remaining 2 T. of green onion.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per serving: 105 calories (55 from fat), 6 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 5 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 protein, 1 fat.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!