Prep and cook time: 10 min., plus 8 or more hrs. to chill. Servings: 2
- 2 c. fat-free yogurt
- 1 med. cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 med. green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ½ c. cilantro leaves, plus some extra set aside for garnish
- ½ garlic clove (optional)
- ¼ t. salt
- pinch ground pepper
- ¼ lb. cooked small (51/60 count) shrimp
- Place all the ingredients but the shrimp into a blender and puree until smooth. If the soup seems too thick, add a little water to make it soupier. Remove from the blender and stir in the shrimp.
- Chill the soup for at least 8 hrs., preferably overnight. Before serving, garnish with a few extra cilantro leaves, if desired.
Per serving: 171 calories (0 from fat), 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 14 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 milk, 2½ vegetable, 2 protein.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.