Prep time: 15 min. Servings: 12 (1 c.)
- 1 c. apple cider
- ¾ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- ½ of a 750 ml bottle of red wine (375 ml total)
- 2 T. honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- zest of one med. orange
- zest of one med. lemon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 L. soda water or club soda
- 2 med. oranges and 1 med. lemon, peeled and sliced, for garnish
- Place apple cider, orange juice, lemon juice, red wine, honey, cinnamon stick, orange zest, lemon zest, cloves and star anise in a large
pot and simmer over low heat for 10 min.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Add soda water or club soda to chilled wine.
- Refrigerate or serve over ice.
- Garnish with orange and lemon slices.
Per serving: 70 calories (0 from fat), 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 7 g sugar, 0 g protein. Exchanges: ½ fruit, ½ fat.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!