Prep time: 15 min. Bake
time: 1 hr., plus several hours to cool. Servings: 8 (¾ c. slice per person)
- 2 T. chopped pecans
- 2 med. eggs
- ½ c. brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 t. ground cloves
- ¼ t. ground ginger
- ¼ t. salt
- 1¼ c. fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toast chopped pecans for 6 min. on baking pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt in a bowl until blended. Stir in evaporated milk and pumpkin until mixture is smooth.
- Lightly coat an 8 x 8 in. baking dish with cooking spray before pouring in mixture. Add toasted pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 min. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 1 hr. or until set. Cool for several hours or overnight before serving.
Per serving: 112 calories (21 from fat), 3 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 5 g protein.
Exchanges:1 fruit, ½ milk, ½ fat, 2 other carbs, 1 free.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.