Prep time: 15 min. Bake
time: 1 hr., plus several hours to cool. Servings: 8 (¾ c. slice per person)
- 2 T. chopped pecans
- 2 med. eggs
- ½ c. brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 t. ground cloves
- ¼ t. ground ginger
- ¼ t. salt
- 1¼ c. fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toast chopped pecans for 6 min. on baking pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt in a bowl until blended. Stir in evaporated milk and pumpkin until mixture is smooth.
- Lightly coat an 8 x 8 in. baking dish with cooking spray before pouring in mixture. Add toasted pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 min. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 1 hr. or until set. Cool for several hours or overnight before serving.
Per serving: 112 calories (21 from fat), 3 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 5 g protein.
Exchanges:1 fruit, ½ milk, ½ fat, 2 other carbs, 1 free.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!