Prep time: 10 min. Bake time: 25 to 30 minutes. Servings: 12 muffins.
- 2 c. white flour (or flour of choice)
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cardamom
- ¼ t. ground nutmeg
- 1 c. cranberry sauce
- ¾ c. fat-free milk (or milk substitute),
- ¼ c. coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cupcake pan with nonstick spray (or line with cupcake wrappers).
- Combine in a large bowl all of the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg).
- Whisk together the wet ingredients (cranberry sauce, milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk everything to combine. Evenly distribute the batter across the cupcake pan, filling about ⅔ full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Per serving: 198 calories (47 from fat), 5 g total fat (10.5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrates, 35 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 14 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1 other carbs.
VEGETARIAN recipes are prepared without any meat, poultry or seafood. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items. TOPS vegetarian recipes may contain animal products, including foods with animal fats, milk or eggs.
LOW-SODIUM recipes have 140 mg of sodium or less per serving.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.