Prep time: 7 min. Total time: 40 min. Servings: 2 (2 c. per serving)
- 2 t. olive oil
- 1 T. curry powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 c. frozen bell peppers and onions mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ T. ginger
- 2c. frozen butternut squash (cubed or chopped)
- 4 oz. coconut milk (light)
- 2 c. of vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 2 c. water
- 2 T. lime juice (optional)
- 1 c. cooked lo mein or gluten-free soba (buckwheat)
noodles. Rice noodles used for analysis
- Warm the oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the curry powder and cumin, stirring for
- Add the frozen peppers and onions mix, garlic
and ginger. Saute for 3–4 minutes.
- Next, add the butternut squash. Stir for an
additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and water.
- Cook for 35 minutes with the lid ajar on medium
heat until the squash is tender.
- Pour in the coconut milk while stirring into
- Ladle the soup into a bowl over the cooked
noodles, then add lime juice (if using).
Per serving: 290 calories (180 from fat), 8 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 7 g protein. Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 protein, 1 1/2 fat, 1 other carbst.
VEGAN recipes are prepared without any animal products including fats, milk or eggs. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items.
HIGH-SODIUM recipes include more sodium than our usual recommendations. You may want to reduce your sodium consumption throughout the rest of the day to balance your intake.