Prep and cook time: 30 min. Chill time: 1 hr. Servings: 24 (one 1ʺ x 1ʺ piece per person)
- 6 oz. vegan dark chocolate
- 6 oz. vegan white chocolate
- 1 T. smooth almond butter (may substitute cashew butter)
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. peppermint extract
- Line an 8 x 8 in. pan with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth and melted. Pour on parchment paper. Place in freezer to cool and set.
- Clean the double boiler and melt white chocolate separately. Heat until melted.
- Add the nut butter to white chocolate and mix to combine. Then add vanilla extract and mix together. Remove the top saucepan from the heat and cool for 10 min.
- Once the mixture is cooled, add the peppermint extract and whisk until completely stirred in.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over the set dark chocolate. Top with crushed candy canes. Place in refrigerator for 1 hr. to set. Once set, break into pieces by hand or cut into pieces with a knife.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Per serving: 94 calories (62 from fat), 7 g total fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 0 g protein. Exchanges:1½ fat, ½ other carbs.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. VEGAN recipes are prepared without any animal products including fats, milk or eggs. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items in any form.
LOW-SODIUM recipes have 140 mg of sodium or less per serving.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.