Prep time: 15 min. Bake time: 10 min. Servings: 24 (1 cookie per person)
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. soy milk
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 med. egg
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips (reserve 2 T. chips for melting)
- ½ c. walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, soy milk, oil, vanilla extract and egg. Mix together until all ingredients are combined well.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the sugar mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Add in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop your batter by medium spoonfuls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10–12 min. Cool cookies on baking sheet.
- Melt 2 T. chocolate chips and drizzle on cookies.
Per serving: 107 calories (43 from fat), 5 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
LOW-SODIUM recipes have 140 mg or fewer of sodium.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto the Members Area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!