Prep time: 20 min. Cook time: 20 min. Servings: 5 (2 tortillas, each
with 1⁄8 c. pepper/onion blend and 2 oz.
refried beans per person)
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 med. red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 med. green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 med. yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 med. yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ t. ground cumin
- ½ t. chili powder
- 1 (4-oz.) can green chilies, minced (spice preference of your choice)
- 1 (10-oz.) can fat-free refried beans
- cooking spray
- 1 (10-oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 10 6-in. corn tortillas
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Saute peppers and onions in oil on medium to low heat until tender.
- Add the combined cumin and chili powder spices to pepper mix.
- In a bowl, mix green chilies and refried beans together.
- If using a glass pan (9 x 13 in.), lightly coat with cooking spray. Pour a quarter of the can of enchilada sauce in the pan. Spread evenly to coat bottom of the pan.
- Take a corn tortilla and spread 1 oz. of bean mix evenly down the center of it. Add a spoonful of pepper mix on top of the bean mix. Roll and place in pan.
- Repeat for the other 9 tortillas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover and bake for 20 min.
Per serving: 231 calories (37 from fat), 4 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 7 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 protein, 1 fat
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. VEGAN recipes are prepared without any animal products including fats, milk or eggs. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items in any form.