Prep time: 30 min. Bake
time: 15 min. Servings: 24 (1 cookie per person)
- ¾ c. roasted pistachios
- 1 c. plus 2 T. whole-wheat flour, divided
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. plain, fat-free yogurt
- ⅓ c. powdered sugar
- 6 T. regular apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend the pistachios and 2 T. of flour in a blender until it resembles flour. Transfer to a bowl and add 1 c. of flour, and the baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Mix butter, yogurt and powdered sugar until well combined. Gradually add the pistachio mixture until just combined.
- Form 24 round balls, of about 1½ T. each, and place on baking sheets. Use the back of a tablespoon to make an indentation for the jam. Fill indentation with the apricot jam.
- Bake for 15 min.
Per serving: 78 calories (36 from fat), 4 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.