Prep time: 30 min. Bake
time: 15 min. Servings: 24 (1 cookie per person)
- ¾ c. roasted pistachios
- 1 c. plus 2 T. whole-wheat flour, divided
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. plain, fat-free yogurt
- ⅓ c. powdered sugar
- 6 T. regular apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend the pistachios and 2 T. of flour in a blender until it resembles flour. Transfer to a bowl and add 1 c. of flour, and the baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Mix butter, yogurt and powdered sugar until well combined. Gradually add the pistachio mixture until just combined.
- Form 24 round balls, of about 1½ T. each, and place on baking sheets. Use the back of a tablespoon to make an indentation for the jam. Fill indentation with the apricot jam.
- Bake for 15 min.
Per serving: 78 calories (36 from fat), 4 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!