Prep and cook time: 45 min. Servings: 4 (2 lettuce cups)
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. soy sauce (for gluten-free diets, use gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. med-to-large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- cooking spray
- ½ med. red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 med. mango, diced
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ c. peanuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp, and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray, and warm the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and green onions, and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 min.
- Add shrimp, and discard marinade. Cook until shrimp are pink all the way through, about 3 min.
- Remove from heat. Fold the mango into the mixture.
- Spoon ¼ c. of mixture down the center of 1 lettuce leaf. Fold the bottom edge and sides up and over the filling. Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves and shrimp filling. Garnish with peanuts.
Note: All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Gluten-free recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
Per serving: 210 calories (35 from fat), 9 g total fat (1½ g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 20 g protein.
Exchanges: ½ fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 protein, 1 fat.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!