You're welcome to attend your first meeting at any chapter location free of charge—bring a friend if you like. There's no obligation. Each chapter is a little different, so feel free to try more than one. Here are some tips for choosing the right chapter for you or starting your own chapter.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Meetings usually last an hour or so.
- Each member has a private weigh-in before the meeting. (That's the first time you'll see listed.)
- Meeting starts with members sharing challenges, successes, or goals (if they want).
- There’s a brief program. TOPS gives each chapter engaging, professionally prepared programs covering a variety of health and wellness topics.
- Awards go to weekly or monthly best losers, contest winners, and members who’ve reached goal!
- When needed, there’s a quick business meeting before the closing.
- Meeting closes with a thought for the week or other inspirational activity.
Meeting times of local chapters can vary. Go to find a meeting for times and locations of local chapter meetings near you.